Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Amanda's Opossum

      My friend Amanda found a baby opossum on the side of the road, and through some person, it made its way to the clinic where I work. Amanda when she next saw me told me to say hi to her opossum for her and I said that we had a crap ton of opossums and I'd have no idea which was hers. (by crap ton I mean we have 20% more than our record high of last year) I privately concluded that I would just say hi to all 150 of them for her. They'd probably like the love, or I don't know maybe just hiss because they're opossums and can be ungrateful teenagers.
      This became unnecessary when I needed to go to the bathroom one day (which is no longer full of fawns), which is also our storage closet and when I pull down my pants to sit down I look up at the tall metal cabinet across from me and at the top where the slightly open doors barely meet, is a fucking baby opossum. Seven feet up, no clue how it got there, I hurriedly pulled my pants back up and grabbed the opossum taking it back to where all the babies were kept in baskets. To our count though, all the opossums were accounted for so I put him in a basket that was labeled 'found this one in the laundry, don't know where it goes,' and put an additional note saying, 'the smaller one was found in the bathroom.'
      When I went back to the bathroom to actually use it this time, I thought oh my god it's a sign, that has got to be Amanda's opossum. I said hi and told him he's probably not bouncy enough for aerial stunts.

2 comments:

  1. If an animal is getting up to unexpected mischief, it is a sign it probably had even the briefest association with me! You can continue to say hi to all 150 for me; I've got a lot of love even for hissing ungrateful opossums. I'm so glad my little baby has found a good place.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete